Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Auto paint (prep question)?

I have been told to use 320 grit to scuff the surface of my truck.It will be shot with sealer,paint then clear right on top.I dont have a DA but a brand new porter cable 5'; random orbital sander and the paper is from the auto body supplier.Will I get the same results?ThanksAuto paint (prep question)?
I would sand by hand (my personal opinion). This a car, not wood. Also started with 320 and worked all the way to 1600 throughout the process. I have a very smooth finish .Heres a how to link that I used, and it worked perfect. These guys know there stuff. http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray-p鈥?/a> good luckAuto paint (prep question)?
DONT use 1600. thats pointless and does not have any effect on how the paint is ';smooth'; on the end finish, besides paint wont stick to anything above 1500. use 320 on da on flat panels and 400 wet on the rest. 1500 is for buffing the clear.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment