Saturday, March 13, 2010

How can pine tar be removed from an auto without hurting paint job.?

my mom used to use something called caster oil, or something like that, I forget the name, but it was to get it out of clothes, so, I am not sure if it would work on paintHow can pine tar be removed from an auto without hurting paint job.?
use a blow tortch lololololololoHow can pine tar be removed from an auto without hurting paint job.?
There is something available, but I'll have to ask my parents. I had huge tar spots on my black car from being parked in the driveway. It was not an instanteous fix, it took a few weeks since the spots were so big, but it did not harm the paint on my car. I'll edit my answer as soon as I found out, I promise.
Fabric softner sheet! Dampen it and with a little muscle it comes right off. Works with bugs guts and road tar also.
I had pine tar all over my new Dodge Ram last summer and only one thing got it off (I parked under a pine tree without thinking). I went to a touchless car wash that used high pressure water jets to wash the cars. The pressure knocked off the pine tar without knocking off the paint. If you can not find a touchless car wash with the high pressure jets, the next best thing is to find an auto detail shop with a pressure washer. The pressure washer can do the same thing.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment