Saturday, March 13, 2010

I would like to know what will be the results if i painted my car with auto spray paint?

basically, i just wanna know if its a good or bad idea! also, i would like to know if i should buff out the car and should i use something else other than just spray paint!!! thanksI would like to know what will be the results if i painted my car with auto spray paint?
If you mean those types in the spray cans, well it spruced my sun damaged hood, car top %26amp; trunk right up.


I had an easy to match maroon color that already came in the can.


I put it on the front lawn for ventilation (since I have no large enclosed garage space).


I got a large piece of cardboard to hold in front of the windows (in case the wind direction changed).


Follow instructions!


Shake can VERY well.


Hold about 18 inches away.


Make sure wind is flowing in direction away from areas not to be painted.


I made long sweeps %26amp; tried not to over lap.


I worked from front to back.


By the time I was done, the front was dry enough to tell what needed touch ups.





This was a great answer for my problem, but it had an average car. Nothing special so I really could not have ruined it. So it was nice benefit that I actually improved the appearance of my car.


People thought I had begun washing %26amp; waxing on a regular basis. (NOT something I ever did B4).


No buffing was required.


I was scared to use a car wax on it later.


I read a book for bachelors that had ';quick fixes.'; One suggested using an oily furniture spray to give a quick car shine. I got a few cans of ';Pledge'; furniture polish %26amp; thought that would be light enough to use on the spray paint. Surprise! It worked too.I would like to know what will be the results if i painted my car with auto spray paint?
hell naaawwww!!!!. hvlp spray gun if not in a spray booth in a well vented area with the dust settled [wet the floors and sweep out the water to make it so that the dust cannot travel]. but leave it to the pros. what is more than likely going to happen is that u are going to end up paying someone to fix your mistakes, then paint it correctly
Go to Earl Scheib and get their special. It will be way better than anything you can do at home and cheaper in the long run. Just wash it real good with liquid lemon dishwashing soup to remove all wax and oils of the surface the exisitng paint the day before you take it in.
no that would be a bad idea i work in a body shop and i have seen lots of cars that have been spray painted and they dont look good at all take it to a pro
Are you asking about paint in the rattle cans? Bad Idea. They don't have enough control to get good results. Stick to a pneumatic spray gun.
Terrible idea. Car's are not painted using rattlecans from the factory nor should they ever be.
it's extremely easy to spot a car that has been spray painted and it never looks good.


let a professional do it
depends on if you want people to point and laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment