Saturday, March 13, 2010

What kind of spray paint should be used in process of DIY auto scratch repair?

There are a lot of choices so I thought I should check first. The color I'd need is black. Since I am also going to use clear coat, does it matter if it's semi gloss or even flat? Or, is the difference between which paint is used how many clear coats will be necessary?What kind of spray paint should be used in process of DIY auto scratch repair?
my buddy had a black prelude and I used flat black and clear coat from rattle cans to do a fender and came out perfect





I used 2 cans of clear coat for one fender , and be generous with it . spray enough so you can sand the imperfections out with 1500 grit sand paper and then buff it out to bring the shine back


best yet , try doing the whole job in a dust free environment to eliminate the sanding and buffing





make sure you do a whole surface , (dont do only half of the door) ,because you will never be able to blend it in

No comments:

Post a Comment