Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Removing wood stain from auto paint?

So... I feel stupid!


I sprayed my neighbor's truck while staining my fence with acrylic latex stain. Ideas for removal without scratching the truck paint??Removing wood stain from auto paint?
Rubbing alcohol will remove latex paints %26amp; stains from surfaces %26amp; should not affect the automotive paint.








Good luck...Removing wood stain from auto paint?
Go to an auto paint supply store. I have used rubbing compound and have had excellent luck on clearcoat vehicles, but when I used the rubbing compound on my Lexus bumper, it wrecked the finish on the bumper. You are probably safe with the rubbing compound, don't get too harsh of one, try a small spot first.
Go to your Local Auto Body Paint retailer (Not Body Shop)..They sell ONLY automotive materials ,so they will be a good source to start..Then Call your Stain Manufacturer %26amp; they will surely direct you to the right Place...





Since its acrylic latex you are Home free...Solvent base id different because the chemical reacts with the Auto paint finish surface almost immediately...Good Luck...No Worries....
rubbing compound... auto zone or kragens...orchard supply,walmart.etc

No comments:

Post a Comment